- 6 oz bag Red Lake Nation Wild Rice
- 1/2 C fresh cranberries
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 C maple syrup
- 1/2 C walnut or vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 T. cranberry or orange juice, as needed
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 C toasted pecans
- 1/4 C dried cranberries
- 1/4 C diced scallions
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Cook rice according to package directions. Be sure it doesn’t become too mushy.
- Drain rice and fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- In a small pot, cook fresh cranberries with just enough water to cover. Boil over high heat, reduce heat and simmer until cranberries begin to pop, about 5 minutes. Drain, set aside.
- Whisk together vinegar, garlic, mustard and maple syrup.
- Whisk in oil in a slow, steady stream. If the emulsion is too thick, slowly add a little cranberry or apple juice.
- Mix cooked rice, cooked cranberries, red pepper, pecans, dried cranberries, and scallions into a bowl.
- Toss with just enough dressing to lightly coat.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Save extra dressing for other uses.
Add cooked diced chicken or ham for a satisfying entr�e.